Here’s my story on what led up to me becoming a Vegetarian (and Vegan and Raw)…
Click on the video for my story.
Dear Anne, of Maple Avenue Juice,
Thank you for nominating me for the Liebster Award! You’re Awesome!
Thanks for the nomination and passing on the fun courtesy of the Liebster Blog Award. I appreciate it.
So what is it? The Liebster Blog Award is actually not an award, but rather a good way to build community, connect with other bloggers and generate attention for newer bloggers. Here are the rules:
▪ Acknowledge the nominating blogger
▪ Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you
▪ 11 random facts about yourself
▪ List some bloggers with fewer than 200 followers that you really feel deserve a little blogging love!
▪ Let all of the bloggers know you have nominated them. You cannot nominate the blogger that nominated you!
▪ Post 11 questions for the bloggers you have nominated to answer
Answers to Anne’s Questions:
What was the last meal you had?
What are 2 or 3 your favorite non-fiction health/wellness books?
80/10/10 by Dr. Douglas Graham
The China Study by T. Colin Campbell
Health at 100 by John Robbins (reading now!)
What is a post on your blog that you are really proud of?
Lightening fast metabolism and digestion or Bananaland video.
Who/What inspires you most on your ‘healthy living’ journey?
The Holy Spirit. Although I love watching videos and reading books from others, I continually have to rely on the Holy Spirit to move me forward and keep me inspired.
What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
So hard to pick! Amongst my Vitamix, my spiralizer, my mango slicer, my food processor, I guess I’d have to pick the Vitamix for first place.
Name your top 5 favorite fruits and/or vegetables?
Mangoes, cherimoyas, persimmons, Khadrawy dates, and avocados.
Where do you feel the most relaxed/still/at ease?
In the sun! How I miss it!
What is your favorite holiday and why?
Thanksgiving! I love the food. Not the turkey – I’ve never been a big turkey fan. It’s all the sides I love!
What is the most funny/silly/embarrassing thing you’ve said or done?
Ummm, skating the limbo backwards and falling on my face…
What is your favorite workout/physical activity/exercise routine?
Peak 8’s because they are so fast! 8 minutes of whatever I want to do, hard and fast! But to play, I love skating!
What is your main ‘healthy living’ goal for 2014?
To hold the vegan line, be as raw as possible, but go slow and steady, without trying to do extreme quick fixes. I would love to be my goal weight by my 40th birthday this year!
11 Random Facts About Me
1. I’m desperate to move to the Tropics!
2. I was born bigger and with more hair than all the boys in the nursery.
3. I can eat more mangoes than anyone I know.
4. I lived in Spain in college.
5. I backpacked through Europe with 4 other girls, on so little money that I lived on crackers and jam.
6. Numbers usually stick with me.
7. I have worked in probably every job category there is… Factory, fast food, hotel/maid service, Marketing, Computer Software, Sales of cosmetics, and on and on 🙂
8. I loved reading Harry Potter books.
9. My favorite season is anything but winter!
10. I am always meeting a new relative from my husband’s HUGE family!
11. I LOVE roller skating!
Blogs I Nominate:
11 Questions for the Nominees:
1. What super power would you want if you could have any?
2. What’s your favorite fruit?
3. What’s your favorite exercise?
4. Where would you live if you could live anywhere?
5. Who/What inspires you most?
6. What makes you laugh?
7. What makes you cry?
8. What’s a pet peeve of yours?
9. What is the most funny/silly/embarrassing thing you’ve said or done?
10. What is the strangest job you have ever had?
11. Where is the strangest place you have been?
Highlights of Month 4:
~ Left the gray “au naturale” look, just shy of one year, for hi-lites and low-lites.
~ Much more vegan (and raw) now. Better at holding the vegan line, even when eating dinner out.
~ Adjusting better to travelling and staying raw/vegan.
~ Feeling closer to nature and the real me, finding more purpose.
Dipping my toes in the Colorado River (it’s 47 degrees! Brrrrrr! but feels good in the hot sun)
Hiking the Grand Canyon!
Going back up!
Chillin’ with the sunset after quite a workout!
Colorado River tour – quick video:
Overview of our Grand Canyon hike (video):