I’ve long been a chip lover. I grew up on potato chips and in my 20’s I got hooked on all types of corn chips.
Since 2010, I have been more mindful and switched to non GMO and gluten free tortilla chips, but I noticed lately that even those weren’t digesting as great as raw food options.
So I have recently switched to all raw chips and raw veggies dipped in guacamole and salsa. This all digests sooooo much better! I don’t feel like I’m missing out on anything!
These are my favorite raw vegan chips:
Week 9 – Raw Chips & Christmas Lists
Click on photo for video
Raw chips come jam-packed with great benefits! You are doing yourself a favor by munching on these chips!
Start by buying a pack or two of chips to taste what flavors you like best. You may be able to sample some at a health food store or raw food cafe.
Some flavors I have found & their benefits to these foods (benefits to foods as mentioned in Alissa Cohen’s book – see below):
- Kale – reduces cataracts, cancer, muscular degeneration.
- Beets – help eliminate kidney stones, intestinal, liver and gallbladder cleansers.
- Flaxseeds – supply an essential fatty acid (ALA) which is converted by the body into the type of omega 3 fatty acids found in many fish. Richest sources of lignins, which provide fiber, flaxseeds prevent constipation.
- I always feel so good when I’m eating flax seeds, flax chips, etc.!! I know what good I’m doing to my body.
- Buckwheat – is in lots of these store-bought chips. It has a high portion of all eight essential amino acids and lysine. Additionally, buckwheat contains up to 100 percent more calcium than other grains. Buckwheat is botanically not a grain but a fruit. Use only raw buckwheat, not toasted (kasha) or whole buckwheat groats.
Party idea: buy few different flavors and colors, and mix together for multi-color appeal.
I have perfected making some versions of raw chips myself, and will show you how to do that in later weeks with a dehydrator. This will bring the price down for you as well, as some of these chips may seem high priced at first.
NOTE – BE THINKING ABOUT A DEHYDRATOR AND/OR FOOD PROCESSOR FOR YOUR CHRISTMAS LIST, IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE. You will enjoy them incredibly for the upcoming future recipes.