WEEK 12 – GALLBLADDER & LIVER FLUSH
Another thing to do in order to improve energy and cleanse the system is a gallbladder or liver flush. I am not a doctor, however, our doctor recommended this to us. We have tried it, and will be doing another one next week if you want to join in 🙂
There are many reasons to do this flush, including to clear up skin problems that can be created by a toxic liver.
Here are the details on the FLUSH:
– Drink 8 oz. of apple juice twice a day. (No more and no less.) Do this for at least 5 days before the flush, unless directed otherwise.
– At bedtime on the 5th night, drink a mixture of 5 oz. of Classic Coke, 6 oz. of Virgin Olive Oil, and 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice. Drink it fast! (The Coke is to prevent nausea or vomiting.)
– It may be helpful to lie on your right side in the fetal position with a heating pad over the gallbladder for 1/2 hour after drinking the mix.
– The next morning (Day 6), drink 10 oz. of Citrate of Magnesia (drug stores have this) and stay home close to the bathroom for the next few hours. Look for soft jelly stones that usually float in the stool and are usually light to dark green in color. If you see a lot of stones, repeat the procedure in one month.
– Avoid eggs, pork, greasy foods, onions, fowl, milk, ice cream, chocolate, citrus fruits, corn, beans, spices, seeds, and nuts completely until corrected.
– Reduce total fats to less than 30% of total calories.
Supplements and Medication:
– All medications may affect the liver and gall bladder. Talk to your chiropractor about what you are taking, including supplements.
Drink 1/2 your body weight in oz. per day.
Talk to your doctor about doing this if you have any concerns!